Neddle is an open source, mobile ready, SCORM compliant learning management system (LMS) built on the .NET platform using C#. Neddle was created to address the absence of a truly high-quality, commercial grade LMS in the OSS community.
The project has several goals:
- Create a viable open source alternative to paid LMS solutions.
- Build a product that technologically advanced, yet simple in its use.
- Provide functionality and a user experience that is truly student and educator centric.
- Include SCORM conformance that is actually useful.
- Provide native support for popular mobile devices.
- Provide a rich set of course authoring tools and third-party tool integration options.
- Fit a variety of training paradigms, e.g. corporate, institutional, and commercial ventures.
- Build vibrant on- and off-line communities around that platform.
- Keep installation, management, and use by non-technical end users as simple as possible.
- Support OSS CLR implementations, e.g. Mono.
- Provide workable options for use in shared and cloud hosting environments.
- Provide workable options for use with cloud stacks, e.g. PAAS and NOSQL.
- Provide integration options with platform products and LOB systems.
Copyright © 2010-2012, Cargile Technology Group, LLC. Neddle is released under the LGPL license.